Thursday, June 14, 2012

Concrete Minerals Pro matte shadows swatches and mini review

I am so happy to finally be sharing these with you guys, it was a bit of a long road traveled but I have them now and am excited to show them to you! What they are are the new Pro matte shadows from Concrete Minerals! These babies are pretty intense and not for the faint of heart, the insane pigmentation of them along with being super bright and fun reminded me a bit of Sugarpill, which in my humble opinion is a very good thing! I had originally ordered Toxic, Ravage, Risque and Domino but was also sent Hi-Fi due to it taking a little over a month to get my order to me and it is the color that turned out to be my favorite of the bunch! Not only are these colors pigmented to the max, but they blend wonderfully and are very smooth. Ravage though I did have a tiny bit more trouble with swatching, but not a ton and I think it will be a fun shade to play with in looks. I swatched these for you guys with and without primer so you could see how they look both ways. Overall, I am very pleased with these shades and will use them often, but after the experience of purchasing them I am kinda wary about buying again, which is very unfortunate as I have always considered them one of my favorite companies to shop at. :/


A nice little note from Em the owner. (the shadows are in those weird places to cover my address. lol)

I love the labels they had made up for these!

The backs with ingredients






Toxic

Domino

Risque

Ravage

Hi-Fi

L-R Toxic, Domino, Risque, Ravage, Hi-Fi (no primer)

L-R Hi-Fi, Ravage, Risque, Domino, Toxic over Concrete Minerals Electric eye primer

Hi-Fi♥:  a matte magenta. LOVE this color, it was also the easiest of the group to swatch, will get used TONS!

Ravage: matte purple. 

Risque: matte true red. At first I thought this would be a dupe for Love + from Sugarpill but it is lighter with no sheen. I swatched them next to each other for comparison.

Domino: matte Peacock blue.

Toxic: a matte lime green, being I am a sucker for lime green it WILL get used a ton!

L-R Toxic, Domino, Risque, Ravage, Hi-Fi

Love + on left and Risque on right
I wore Hi-Fi today for my work look and was in love with how well it blended, it was like soft butter! I really look forward to using the rest of these in the coming days and you can check out my FOTD using this color here: FOTD 6/14. I really hope you guys liked this little post!

I hope y'all have a great Thursday and as always:

Hips, whips and strawberry lips, 
Naomi

*Note Hi-Fi and Risque stained my arm a little after removing the swatches, but it came off easily with makeup remover.

*Everything seen was purchased with my own money and opinions are purely my own

No comments:

Post a Comment