Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tick:Tock Cosmetics swatches and first impression

I received my first package from Tick: Tock Cosmetics yesterday night and just had to share with you guys what I got! I have been on the hunt for a matte white and matte black eye shadow base comparable to the NYX pencils in Milk and Black Bean for some time now so finding Tick:Tock's Infinity bases got me excited. Why don't I just buy the NYX pencils you ask? The answer, parabens. I haven't been able to test the wear on these yet, but wanted to give my first impression of them for you guys. I got both the white and black bases that go by the name of Milky Way and Black Hole, they both go for $4 a piece and come in 5 gram jars. Milky Way is very creamy and applies more opaque and smooth than Black Hole does. I had to really work my finger in Black Hole to get out enough to make a good swatch of it and it took several times to get it opaque on my arm for the shadow swatches while Milky Way went on pretty much without any effort. Once on to my liking though Black Hole was nice matte black. When I went to wash my arm off afterwards I had to really scrub my arm with a wash that had exfoliating beads in it to get the bases off, especially Milky Way, so I think they will have pretty good wear going off of that observation. I also got 6 eyeshadow samples in my order, one of which I was beyond excited about by the name of Salvador Dali who is my favorite artist of ALL time. The shadows went on pretty smoothly over the bases and are well pigmented. Samples are 70cents a piece and full size shadows are $4.95 so very reasonable. The package came with Jolly Rancher and little confetti pieces in the envelope along with my pretties. There was also a nice note written on my invoice from Tiffany and Elizabeth. Customer service was great when I had to email with a question about my order I got a quick and cheery response.

The cute and colorful note on my invoice. :)

Everything was packaged in a zip baggie with candy!

Infinity base in Milky Way

Infinity base in Black Hole

The backs of the bases with ingredients

SPARKLES!







R-L: Once in a Blue Moon, Salvador Dali, I ♥ U 4eva, Sexy Time, Time Square, Once Upon a time. No flash

Top to bottom: Once Upon a Time, Time Square, Sexy Time, I ♥ u 4eva, Salvador Dali and Once in a Blue Moon. No flash,

Top to bottom: Once Upon a Time, Time Square, Sexy Time, I ♥ u 4eva, Salvador Dali and Once in a Blue Moon. No flash,closer to lamp for light

R-L: Once in a Blue Moon, Salvador Dali, I ♥ U 4eva, Sexy Time, Time Square, Once Upon a time. With flash

My favorites of the bunch are probably Salvador Dali, Once in a Blue Moon and Time Square. I'm really looking forward to playing around with these more and think they will be pretty easy to work with in a look. Will I buy from Tick:Tock again? Yes, I think I shall and suggest you check them out as well. :)

* Swatches done over Tick: Tock's Infinity bases in Black Hole and Milky Way and Concrete Minerals' Electric Eye primer

Hope you all have a great day and until next time:

Hips, whips and strawberry lips,
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment