Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mon Ennui swatches and first impression

I have a few swatches for you today from Mon Ennui Cosmetics! I have been teetering back and forth on ordering from this company for a while now and am glad that I finally did, the colors that I got are gorgeous! I ordered 5 deluxe samples at $4 a piece, a bit more than what other companies charge for samples, but with how insanely pigmented these colors are you don't have to use much at all and I am pretty sure the samples will last me at least 10 uses or so. The shipping was incredibly quick, I ordered on Friday afternoon and had my new pretties by Monday. The site is easy to navigate and they have a nice variety of shadows and other products to try. Price seems to range between $7 - $15.50 per shadow or glitter. I am really wanting to try their UV pigments, but will have to set some money aside for those. One thing I do wish is that there were sample sizes available for all the colors and not just certain shades, so you don't have to fully commit to a color that you might not even end up liking enough to warrant having a full jar of. (Hope that made sense) Other than that one thing, I would definitely buy from Mon Ennui again when I get the chance and suggest you guys check them out. On to the swatches!

Left to Right : Benthos, Mr. X,Hyperbole Blue,Absinthesis, Vermillion Lies (no flash in my regular room lighting)

Top to bottom with flash: Vermillion Lies, Absinthesis, Hyperbole Blue, Mr. X , Benthos

No flash, zoomed in close to a lamp
*Swatches done dry over Concrete Minerals Electric eye primer

Color descriptions taken off site:

Benthos: A satiny deep Navy/Cobalt blue that shifts to dark violet depending on the angle and light.
Vermillion Lies: Didn't have a description, but it is a true red with red sparkle.
Mr. X: A highly metallic non-glittery shifting neutral pigment.
Absinthesis: Dark Forest Green Base with lots of shimmery goodness! Shifts between various shades of green: Golden Olive to Emerald to Dark Forest
Hyperbole Blue: Dark Navy/Black base with lots of shimmery goodness. Shifts from Navy to Indigo to Blue to Violet to Purple

Each one of these colors is pigmented to the gills, I only had to do one swipe with a wide brush to swatch them. They are very smooth and opaque and the color shifts are lovely. I'm really looking forward to playing with these colors some more and am looking forward to getting more shades from this company. Have you tried Mon Ennui? What is your favorite color? Which should I get next?

Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a great rest of your week and as always.

Hips, whips and strawberry lips:
Naomi

*Products shown were purchased with my own money and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment